51 Signs your husband/Wife
or boyfriend/Girlfried is having an affair
It is perfectly acceptable to be unsure if your loved one is being
faithful. You may feel you see signs your boyfriend is cheating
because he become distant and is showing no interest in you or your
You may think your husband is cheating because he seems to be a lot
happier and is suddenly taking more care over his appearance and
losing weight. The good news is that these signs do not necessarily
mean your boyfriend or husband is having an affair. There may be
another explanation for the change in them. Your boyfriend may be
unable to solve a big problem at work or thinking of making a big
career change and is stuck thinking about it ALL the time.
Your husband may just be having a small mid-life crisis and trying
to recapture some of his youth.
So what signs do mean your boyfriend or husband is cheating? Experts
have put together a list of the 51 signs that do indicate that your
boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife might be having an affair.
1) You find birth-control pills in her medicine cabinet, and you've
had a vasectomy.
2) Mutual friends start acting strangely toward you. (They either
know about the cheating or have
stories about what a horrible wife or girlfriend you are.)
3) Your cheating husband or wife stops confiding in you and seeking
advice from you.
4) Sets up a new e-mail account and doesn't tell you about it.
5) He leaves the house in the morning smelling like Irish Spring and
returns in the
evening smelling like Safeguard.
6) She joins the gym and begins a rigorous workout program.
7) She buys a cell phone and doesn't let you know.
8) He sets up a separate cell phone account that is billed to his
9) The cheating husband carries condoms, and you are on the pill.
10) Begins to delete all incoming phone calls from the caller ID.
11) Deletes all incoming e-mails when they used to accumulate.
12) He becomes "accusatory," asking if you are being true to him,
usually out of guilt.
13) Raises hypothetical questions such as, "Do you think it's
possible to love more than
one person at a time?"
14) He buys himself new underwear.
15) He insists the child seat, toys, etc., are kept out of his car.
16) The cheating wife stops wearing her wedding ring.
17) Has a sudden desire to be helpful with the laundry.
18) Has unexplained scratches or bruises on his or her neck or back.
19) Suddenly wants to try new love techniques.
20) He/she fairly suddenly stops having sex with you.
21) He/she suddenly wants more sex, more often.
22) Supposedly works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on the
23) Picks fights in order to stomp out of the house.
24) You find out by accident he or she took vacation day or personal
from work -
but supposedly worked on those days.
25) Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music.
26) Spouse's co-workers are uncomfortable in your presence.
27) Has a sudden preoccupation with his or her appearance.
28) Spends an excessive amount of time on the computer, especially
after you have gone to bed.
29) He throws up a lot because he just ate at his mistress's house
to eat the dinner
you prepared when he got home.
30) Your spouse is away from home, either nights or on trips, more
31) His/her clothes smell of an unfamiliar perfume or after-shave.
You see lipstick on your husband's shirt.
32) The amount of money being deposited into your checking account
33) You find items of intimate apparel or other small gift-type
items that you
did not give your spouse.
34) Your spouse seems less comfortable around you and is "touchy"
and easily moved to anger.
35) You get calls where the caller hangs up when he or she hears
36) He/she loses attention in the activities in the home.
37) Your intuition (gut feeling) tells you that something is not
38) He/she has a definite change in attitude towards everyone in the
39) She uses a low voice or whisper on the phone or hangs up
40) She has a "glow" about her.
41) Atypical erratic behavior.
42) He sneaks out of the house.
43) She sleeps with her purse by the bed.
44) She goes to the store for groceries and comes home 5 hours
45) He tells you that you can get hold of him at a different
46) The telltale sign of a cheating spouse? Having to ask that
question in the first place.
47) He insists the child seat, toys, etc., are kept out of his car.
You can't be cool with a
child seat in your car. Besides that, it's a clue that there might
be a child in his life, and,
where there's a child, there's probably a woman. Definitely, not the
image you want to
project to the "other woman."
48) You find unexplained scratches or bruises on his neck or back.
It's very hard to scratch or
bruise your own back, and it's not likely to happen accidentally.
49) He suddenly wants to try new sex techniques. Who is he
or who has he been practicing with?
50) He works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on the pay
stub. If your
husband is a salaried worker, you may have to give him a pass on
If he's paid by the hour, though,
he may be putting in overtime, but it's not at his job.
51) You find unexplained receipts, more frequent cash withdrawals,
and unexplained credit
card charges. Note any strange dates and times. Is there a
charge when he
should have been at work? Cheating can be expensive.